Why Is Having a Daily Ritual So Important?
“A daily ritual is a way of saying,
“I’m voting for myself; I’m taking care of myself.”
~ Mariel Hemingway
Photo Source: www. http://projectshine.ca
RITUAL (RIT-U-AL): AN ACT OR SERIES OF ACTS REGULARLY
REPEATED IN A SET PRECISE MANNER; A CEREMONIAL ACT OR ACTION
Do you have any daily rituals? When you wake up in the morning do you immediately start rushing through your day or do you take the time to nurture and spoil yourself somehow, even if it’s just for 5 or 10 minutes?
The way we start our mornings sets the course for the way our whole day will unfold. If we start our day with a sense of urgency, rushing and stressing about all the things that we have to get done, our entire day will probably be a very stressful one.
RITUAL VS. ROUTINE
The difference between a ritual and a routine is that with a ritual, we are fully present and aware of what we are doing. We are focused and mindful about it. We’re not just doing it because we have to. Routines you can do on autopilot. Rituals are intentional. For instance, brushing my teeth is a routine for me. I do it (twice) every day without thinking about it much. But I can totally see how it could be a ritual for someone else if it filled that need for them.
What my daily ritual looks like and how i get through the day….
This is sacred ground. No one messes with my morning ritual. Really.
The thing is that you can do them anywhere, even when you’re not at home.
- My morning cup of Apple Cider Vinegar with lemons and honey. If it’s nice out, I like to sit on the deck in the morning sun with my journal.
- I love journaling in the morning, it really sets my intentions for the day. I can share anything I need or wish to along with my daily card reading for daily guidance.
- YOGA….I hit the mat at least 5 times a week
- Of course, I shower and get my physical body ready for the day, then get to work…I’m blessed to be a “Boss Babe”, so I set my own hours, but many are spent preparing for classes and workshops at The Soul Center in Red Deer, creating sacred tools and more.
- I need to move to keep the body limber, so a 30 minute walk 4 or 5 times a week is so important to me – I do this after lunchtime.
- My self-healing with Reiki, meditation and prayerwork, I keep for evening, just before bedtime. It divinely seals my day with self-healing, giving gratitude for my abundance and blessings for this day.
- I have many more that just come naturally like blessing my food, getting outside barefoot on the grass, sitting under a tree or hugging one….simple small things that make my life full and amazing.
- Something else that has recently started being a daily ritual is prepping my meals. I “fell” out of cooking for many years and have really come back to enjoying preparing myself clean, healthy, ketogenic foods which really fuel my body, mind and spirit.
- HYDRATION….is key! When we’re dehydrated, our brain can’t work at its usual efficiency, and as a result, we can begin to feel fatigued and lose much of our energy (among other things).
What could your daily ritual look like?
- Morning Coffee
- Be Grateful
- Be loving toward yourself and others
- Moving your body
- Eating healthy
- Journal –ask “What good can I do today”, or at the end of the day ask “What Good Did I Do Today?”
- WHAT CAN YOU ADD???
I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas on what simple steps you can bring into your day today!
Cynthia Sebry, soul owner of Essential Energy Healing is a beautiful, inspiring, passionate, sassy, fearless, powerful female, mother, wife, warrior goddess , reiki teacher and creatrix that changes lives, kicks booty, conquers what life throws at me and helps others to find their sparkle again while showing off my own.
I love what I do….How does it get any better than that?
Much Love, Cynthia